Housing Counseling & Education Program
Housing Resources is a HUD-approved counseling agency. We provide free one-on-one housing counseling and coaching as well as group education classes in areas including: rental counseling, financial coaching, homebuyer education, pre-purchase counseling, reserve mortgage counseling, foreclosure, and eviction prevention. Since 2016, Housing Counseling and Education has counseled more than 1,200 households and educated about 2,800 households.
Housing Counseling and Education Services:
- Financial Coaching: Guides clients to reach their financial goals. The process is personalized and non-judgmental. Financial coaches provide support, encouragement, accountability, and tools to help people make informed decisions.
- Home Buyer Education (HBE) Class: The workshop covers all the elements of the home buying process from financial preparation and credit review to mortgage financing and closing.
- Pre-Purchase Counseling: Covers topics like financial management, evaluating credit information, prequalifying & loan approval, financing options, shopping for a home, finalizing the loan, the closing process, maintaining your new home, avoiding foreclosure and predatory lending practices.
- Post-Purchase Coaching: Counselors help clients understand the responsibilities of owning a home. The objective is to help clients avoid pitfalls that pose a risk to long-term success and housing stability. Topics covered include: Maintaining, repairing and improving your home, and refinancing.
- Rental Counseling: Our specialized rental counseling will helps clients develop a personalized spending plan and provides advice for saving money, increasing income, and reducing debt. Our counselors work with clients to them understand why credit matters, how to calculate an affordable rent payment, common landlord requirements, understanding lease agreement, basic tenant rights and affordable housing options.
- Foreclosure Prevention: A HUD-approved housing counselor is an experienced, trained professional who can advise provide advice on preventing foreclosure, buying a home, protecting your credit, and other issues.
For more information, to request a workshop for a group, or to schedule a one-on-one, confidential, phone or virtual session with a HUD counselor reach out today:
Call: (970) 241-2871
Complete the contact form by clicking the button below:
If you, a friend or family member are facing a potential foreclosure, it is important that you contact our office ASAP and speak with a HUD Certified Housing Counselor. Please contact our office at (970) 241-2871 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have resumed our in person Homebuyer Education Classes. Register for an upcoming class here!