Housing Counseling and Education Program
Housing Resources is a HUD approved Housing Counseling Agency. We provide FREE housing counseling and education services to any one of any income level living in Western Colorado.
The program serves as a supportive base for families seeking these services, and furthermore, as an organizational core program in supporting future first time homeowners and current homeowners. Our mission is to provide counseling assistance to those in Western Colorado by achieving and maintaining the goal of homeownership.
These are the services provided through the Housing Counseling and Education Program:
- Financial Coaching: Guides clients to reach their financial goals. The process is personalized and non-judgmental. Financial coaches provide support, encouragement, accountability, and tools to help people make informed decisions.
- Homebuyer Education (HBE) Class: The workshop covers all the elements of the home buying process from financial preparation and credit review to mortgage financing and closing.
- Pre-Purchase Counseling: Covers topics like financial management, evaluating credit information, prequalifying & loan approval, financing options, shopping for a home, finalizing the loan, the closing process, maintaining your new home, avoiding foreclosure and predatory lending practices.
- Post-Purchase Coaching: Counselor helps clients understand those responsibilities and avoid things that pose a risk to ensure long-term success. Topics covered include: Maintaining, repairing and improving your home. Refinancing.
- Rental Counseling: Our specialized rental counseling will help you develop a personalized spending plan and provide you with advice for saving money, increasing income, and reducing debt. Our counselors will work with you to understand why credit matters. Calculating an affordable rent payment. Common landlord requirements. Understanding lease agreement. Basic tenant rights and affordable housing options.
- Foreclosure Prevention: A HUD-approved housing counselor is an experienced, trained professional who can advise you on preventing foreclosure, buying a home, protecting your credit, and other issues.
For more information, to request a workshop for a group, or to schedule a one-on-one, confidential, phone or virtual session with a HUD counselor, contact our office at (970) 241-2871 or e-mail us at email@example.com
We have resumed our in person Homebuyer Education Classes. Register for an upcoming class here!
If you, a friend or family member are facing a potential foreclosure, it is important that you contact our office ASAP and speak with a HUD Certified Housing Counselor. Please contact our office at (970) 241-2871 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org