Weatherization Procurement Manager
Job Title: Weatherization Procurement Manager
Reports To: Weatherization Program Director
Located At: Grand Junction, Montrose, or Durango office, with work-from-home options
Compensation: Starting at $46,000 - $50,000 annually depending on experience. This is a non-exempt position for purposes of federal and state wage and hour laws.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Paid time off for vacation/holiday/sick time, Company match retirement savings plan
Closing Date: Open until filled
About The Company: Housing Resources of Western Colorado is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization focused on increasing the comfort, safety, and efficiency of Colorado homes, especially for low-income households. If you are someone that is looking to make a difference, wants to learn valuable skills, has a great work ethic, honest values, is team oriented, and doesn’t mind getting your hands dirty, then this position is for you.
Position Description: The Procurement Manager is an administrative exempt position responsible for all aspects of the Weatherization procurement for the Grand Junction, Montrose, and Durango offices. Responsibilities include managing an efficient and effective purchasing operation for materials, supplies, equipment, and services based on established purchasing regulations, policies, and procedures; implementation of the purchasing systems and solicitation (RFP, RFQ, etc.) processes, and the contract administration to provide support and assistance for the department related to purchasing needs; manages contracts, purchases orders, inventory, equipment, and vehicle fleet.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
• Lead and manage purchasing operations, policies, and procedures
• Manage contracting process, bids, procurement, records, renewals in existing system.
• Initiate purchase orders for inventory and special orders.
• Manage receiving of inventory deliveries and transfers between locations.
• Travel to each location quarterly and perform physical inventory counts and reconciliations.
• Verify vendor pricing and make QuickBooks entries
• Manage vehicle fleet list, monthly mileage and maintenance logs, and safety equipment for each location.
• Attend in-house or state-level program meetings and trainings as needed.
• Assist in updating material pricing in Weatherization Assistant database
• Other duties as requested by program director
• Ability to communicate effectively with others
• Ability to work independently
• Strong people skills to manage personnel, vendors, contractors, and clients
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Working knowledge of MS Office suite, Adobe, and QuickBooks software
• Knowledge of residential construction, site built and mobile home helpful
• Willingness to learn how to use NEAT/MHEA software
• Basic understanding of budget concepts
• Travel and perform work in and as assigned in our service areas
• Lift up to 50 pounds
• Valid driver’s license required
• Pre-employment background check and drug screening required.
Submit cover letter and resume:
Weatherization Program Manager
Housing Resources of Western Colorado
295 Girard Street, Unit C
Durango, CO 81303
HRWC is an equal opportunity employer.
Demonstrated commitment to Racial Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (REDI).
It is the policy of HRWC to provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual preference, age, or disability. People of color and people of all national origins, genders, gender identities, sexual preferences, ages, disabilities and other diverse groups are encouraged to apply.