Weatherization Crew Leader, Grand Junction
Job Title: Weatherization Crew Leader
Reports To: Weatherization Production Coordinator and Weatherization Program Director
Located At: 524 30 Road, Suite 3, Grand Junction, CO 81504
Compensation: Range starts at $19.00/hour. Full time position (40 hours/week), non-exempt.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Paid time off for vacation/holiday/sick time, Company match retirement savings plan
Closing Date: When position is filled
About The Company:
Housing Resources of Western Colorado is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization focused on increasing the comfort, safety, and efficiency of Colorado homes, especially for low-income households. If you are someone that is looking to make a difference, wants to learn valuable skills, has a great work ethic, honest values, is team oriented, and doesn’t mind getting your hands dirty, then this position is for you.
Position Description: A technical non-exempt position responsible for performing a variety of home energy weatherization procedures in accordance with Colorado Energy Office (CEO) field standards and required to function as lead person in supervising other energy technicians on the job site. Utilizes independent judgment on technical aspects of weatherization measures, processes required paperwork and exercises material inventory controls. Performs final check of work to ensure compliance with CEO and agency standards before scheduling final inspection.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Leads the weatherization crew of up to three people and oversees jobs, materials, and vehicle.
- Drives work vehicle to job site and must remain on site at all times.
- Ensures work vehicle is stocked with necessary equipment, tools, and materials.
- Delegates material pick up duties to crew members.
- Installs insulation in existing homes in attics, crawlspaces and walls.
- Uses, foam, mastic, caulking and other materials to eliminate drafts in attics, crawlspaces, windows and doors.
- Uses diagnostic tools to assess the air leakage and safety issues in homes.
- Conducts an educational component with each household, informs client of work being performed, and answers client questions and concerns.
- High standards of work ethic, professional appearance, customer service and teamwork are expected.
- Works in all areas of the home including spaces with limited clearance, such as attics, crawlspaces, and basements
- Performs general remodeling related tasks including drywall, framing, texturing, etc.
- Performs regular maintenance on tools, equipment, and machinery
- Applies safety practices and principles in daily work
- Participates in organization-wide efforts to improve efficiency, teamwork, and quality of service including but not limited to pre-QCI inspections and final test out.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Applicant must be able to regularly lift up to 60lbs. and occasionally 75lbs. without assistance. Must be able to maneuver and perform work in tight spaces with a minimum of 24” of vertical clearance, work on roofs and ladders up to 35 feet in height. While performing job related duties in damp, dirty quarters while exposed to extremes in temperature applicant will be required to sit, stand, kneel, crouch, crawl, demonstrate manual dexterity, speak, hear, and see.
High School Degree or Equivalency (GED)
Prior experience in home improvement, construction, carpentry, mechanical, utility or building trade, or crew leading is required. Experience safely operating hand and power tools is required. Field training is provided.
Candidates must have a valid Colorado driver’s license or the ability to obtain one within two weeks of hiring and no major violations within past 3 years. Candidates must be able to obtain a BPI certification related to position within 12 months. Candidates must pass a pre-employment drug screening (including marijuana). Candidates will be subject to a criminal background check and motor vehicle report.
Other Conditions and Requirements:
- Travel as needed, regionally to preform work and on occasion stay overnight at a motel to stay in proximity to the work site, and nationally to attend trainings and conferences.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fluency in Spanish is highly desirable.
HRWC is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit cover letter and resume:
Marcy Child Weatherization Program Director
Housing Resources of Western Colorado
295 Girard Street, Unit C
Durango, CO 81303