Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Located at: 2601 Belford Ave., Grand Junction, CO 81501
About Housing Resources of Western Colorado (HRWC):
Housing Resources of Western Colorado (HRWC) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization with a corporate mission to provide housing and housing services that create stable, sustainable Western Colorado homes. HRWC builds stronger communities by providing attainable housing, energy efficiency, education, and renovation programs to the residents of Western Colorado. HRWC’s primary business lines are: Property Management, Weatherization, Self-Help Build Housing, Housing Rehabilitation, Housing Counseling and Education, and Community Building and Engagement.
Maintenance Technicians are responsible for assisting in maintaining all properties owned by HRWC. The Maintenance Technician must be able to perform a wide variety of duties related to routine residential and commercial maintenance, unit turn overs, and landscaping maintenance. At all times, perform the rental maintenance job in a manner consistent with our values at HRWC which is to provide affordable housing and promote the wise and sustainable use of resources.
• Plumbing repairs including unplugging drain lines.
• Prep, paint, patch, and texture as needed.
• Connect, disconnect, and maintain swamp coolers, install, and remove covers.
• Perform property and unit inspections.
• Replace electrical fixtures such as lights, smoke detectors, switches, outlets etc.
• Maintain smoke and CO detectors.
• Pick up trash and perform grounds maintenance such as mowing and trimming including snow removal.
• Make repairs to doors, cabinets, drawers replace if needed.
• Maintain exterior of buildings, replace screens, broken windows.
• Repair/replace appliances.
• Install, repair/replace blinds.
• Occasional cleaning.
• Perform any tasks needed to maintain the rental properties in good condition.
• Maintain good tenant relations consistent with Fair Housing Laws.
• Must be able to safely operate hand tools and equipment.
• Must always keep work area safe.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Be able to physically to lift, climb ladders, and carry objects up to 70 pounds.
• Kneel, climb stairs, perform repeated work such as painting and weed pulling.
• The Maintenance position is very diverse and demanding. The person who maintains this position must be knowledgeable in many
areas and willing to be on call as scheduled.
• Good time management is necessary as well as maintaining good tenant relations. A maintenance technician must be a team player
willing to help maintain each property consistent with the high standard of condition required by Housing Resources of Western
Colorado. Must be willing to maintain client confidentiality and always comply with fair housing laws.
Training, Experience, and Education:
• Must have High School Diploma or GED.
• Must have Colorado Driver’s License and current auto liability insurance.
• Must have knowledge of or be willing to learn about Fair Housing Laws.
• Must pass criminal background check and drug screening.
• Salary: $16-18/hour, depending on experience.
• Full time, non-exempt position with benefits, including employer health plan with employer contribution, paid time off, holidays, and
contribution to retirement plan.
• Occasional evening and/or weekend work.
• Occasional travel required.
• Pre-employment criminal background check and drug screening are required.
• Housing Resources of Western Colorado is an equal opportunity employer.
• Demonstrated commitment to Racial Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (REDI).
It is the policy of HRWC to provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual preference, age, or disability. People of color and people of all national origins, genders, gender identities, sexual preferences, ages, disabilities, and other diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
Submit cover letter and resume to: Coleen Simpson, Property Management Director
524 30 Road, Suite 3
Grand Junction, CO 81504