Community Housing Data Manager
Job Title: Community Housing Data Manager
Reports to: Community Building and Engagement Director
Located at: 460 N. Townsend Avenue, Montrose, CO 81403
About Housing Resources of Western Colorado (HRWC):
Housing Resources of Western Colorado (HRWC) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization with a corporate mission to provide housing and housing services that create stable, sustainable Western Colorado homes. HRWC builds stronger communities by providing attainable housing, energy efficiency, education, and renovation programs to the residents of Western Colorado. HRWC is seeking a dynamic individual to head its real estate development projects. HRWC’s primary business lines are: Property Management, Weatherization, Self-Help Build Housing, Housing Rehabilitation, Housing Counseling and Education, and Community Building and Engagement.
The Community Housing Data Manager will aid the Community Building and Engagement Director with the Montrose Housing Collaboration and the Western Region’s Built for Zero Coordinated Entry System. Primary responsibilities include collecting and inputting data, conducting intakes, and working with the Housing Counseling and Education Center Program Director, the Montrose Housing Liaison, the Montrose Housing Collaboration, and the Western Coordinated Entry System to reduce homelessness in the Region 10 area.
- Effective communication skills and attention to detail.
- Respond in a timely manner to questions and inquiries from clients, other program collaborators, and the public.
- Follow necessary agency policies, Colorado procedures, rules and regulations where applicable for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Colorado Housing and Finance Authority (CHFA), Community Service Block Grant (CSBG), Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG), and HRWC policies.
- Recognize problems, analyze causes, and propose solutions.
- Consistently meet deadlines for reports, and data entry.
- Entering data into reporting systems (HMIS).
- Build relationships with landlords in the Region 10 area–Delta, Montrose, Gunnison, Hinsdale, Ouray, and San Miguel counties.
- Create and execute a data quality plan.
- Co-facilitator of the Coordinated Entry System for the Western Region.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Professionally represent HRWC in a positive, professional, and ethical manner in community relations and activities as required.
- Participate in committee work, both internal and external, in support of HRWC goals.
- Maintain effective, unbiased, working relationships with lenders, realtors, other professionals, and persons who are economically disadvantaged.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide respectful quality services to a culturally diverse population. Treat people with respect and work with integrity and professional ethics to uphold the HRWC’s values and mission.
- Learn and be able to relay general information about HRWC’s programs to the public and other community organizations.
- Make rational and appropriate decisions. Must be able to write clearly and professionally.
- Maintain the utmost confidentiality of all client information.
- Maintain participant files in accordance with applicable procedures and regulations, including appropriately and thoroughly documenting interactions with clients and other interested parties.
- Use a time management system and other organizational tools to prioritize and organize tasks, manage time effectively, and meet prescribed deadlines.
- Work on multiple assignments and maintain necessary record-keeping systems to support reporting requirements.
- Attend scheduled meetings with supervisor to discuss various items of concern and/or interest to both parties. Attend mandatory staff meetings.
- Adapt well to change in the work environment. Must be able to work with frequent interruptions and respond curiously and professionally.
- Be a team player and act in a manner that is in the best interest of HRWC.
- Comply with all provisions of the HRWC employee handbook.
- Maintain office, office files, and client files in a neat and clean manner.
- Some occasional travel is required for training seminars and partnership meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Training, Experience and Education:
- Must demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment while supporting colleagues in achieving shared objectives.
- Experience with data collections and data entry.
- Requires the ability to exercise independent judgment, initiative, and work independently.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent level of professional experience, skills and abilities is preferred. A combination of education and work experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency is required.
- Computer literacy sufficient to manage program management software and other standard office equipment, including projectors and laptops.
- Experience with Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) is helpful.
- Colorado Driver’s License is required as well as the ability to be insured at standard rates. Must be willing to travel to Grand Junction as needed.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish/English)
- Salary Range dependent on experience, with benefits.
- Full time non-exempt position.
- Physical requirements are commensurate with ordinary office work.
- Occasional evening and/or weekend work.
- Travel as needed, regionally and nationally; valid driver’s license required.
- Criminal background checks and random drug screenings are required.
- HRWC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Demonstrated commitment to Racial Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (REDI).
It is the policy of HRWC to provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual preference, age, or disability. People of color and people of all national origins, genders, gender identities, sexual preferences, ages, disabilities and other diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
Submit cover letter and resume to: Abbie Brewer
460 N. Townsend Avenue
Montrose, Co 81401
Position open until filled.