Job Title: Bookkeeper
Reports to: Finance Director
Located at: 524 30 Road, Ste. 3, Grand Junction, CO 81504
About Housing Resources of Western Colorado (HRWC):
HRWC, a 501 C-3 not for profit organization with a corporate mission to provide housing services that create stable, sustainable Western Colorado homes. Housing Resources of Western Colorado builds stronger communities by providing attainable housing, energy efficiency, education, and renovation programs to the residents of the Western Slope. Housing Resources of Western Colorado is seeking a dynamic individual to head its real estate development projects. HRWC’s primary business lines are Property Management, Weatherization, Self Help Build Housing, Housing Rehabilitation, Housing Counseling and Education, and Community Building and Engagement.
The bookkeeper is responsible for various activities as assigned within the Finance Department including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipts, payroll, general ledger reconciliations, and audit preparation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Assure appropriate internal controls are maintained.
- Enter invoice and check request data into accounts payable system, working with program managers to ensure accurate coding is in place.
- Prepare checks for signature.
- Monitor accounts receivable in A/R system and record cash receipts, including for tenants (except for Garden Village).
- Record receipts of grants.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll by entering accurate timesheet data in Payroll system and submitting payroll to bank for processing.
- Monitor bank balances.
- Prepare journal entries as needed.
- Perform account reconciliations as assigned.
- Respond to auditor inquiries.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting fundamentals and related technical skills.
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, and ability to stay focused and work efficiently.
- Strong team building, interpersonal communication, and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with ability to solve problems with minimal direction and/or supervision.
- Associate degree in accounting or related field or equivalent business experience.
- Minimum of three years of bookkeeping and/or accounting experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products with emphasis in Excel.
- Experience with automated accounting software packages.
- Full time position
- Physical requirements are commensurate with ordinary office work, remote options may be available
- Travel as needed, regionally and nationally; valid driver’s license required
- HRWC is an equal opportunity employer
It is the policy of HRWC to provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual preference, age, or disability. People of color and people of all national origins, genders, gender identities, sexual preferences, ages, disabilities, and other diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
524 30 Road, Suite 3 Grand Junction, CO 81504