Administrative Support Specialist
Job Title: Administrative Support Specialist
Reports to: Housing Counseling and Education Director and Self-Help Build Housing Manager
Located at: 524 30 Road, Suite 3, Grand Junction, CO 81504
About Housing Resources of Western Colorado (HRWC):
Housing Resources of Western Colorado (HRWC) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization with a corporate mission to provide housing and housing services that create stable, sustainable Western Colorado homes. HRWC builds stronger communities by providing attainable housing, energy efficiency, education, and renovation programs to the residents of Western Colorado. HRWC’s primary business lines are: Property Management, Weatherization, Self-Help Build Housing, Housing Rehabilitation, Housing Counseling and Education, and Community Building and Engagement.
The Administrative Support Specialist provides support to the organization, primarily within two programs: Housing Counseling & Education and the Self-Help Build Housing Program. Primary responsibilities may include fielding inquiry calls from clients, assisting in file management, working with clients to gather needed information, assisting other staff with program reporting and client tracking.
Provide administrative and customer service support, primarily to Housing Counseling & Education and the Self-Help Build Housing programs.
· Organize/maintain Client files
· Schedule client appointments with Housing Counselors
· Enter and maintain client cases in computer tracking programs
· Field inquiry calls from potential clients interested in services from HCE and Self Help
· Assist with file management and preparation of invoices and reports
· Send application packets to clients
· Preform follow up calls to gather document and other requirement information
· Maintaining tracking reports
· Assist in assessment of client eligibility for various programs
· Provide coverage of front desk as needed
· Provide other administrative support as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Professionally represent our organization in a positive, professional, and ethnical manner
· Maintain effective, unbiased working relationships with coworkers, other professionals, and people with a variety of backgrounds.
· Demonstrate the ability to provide respectful quality services to a culturally and economically diverse population.
· Learn and be able to relay general information about Housing Resource’s programs to the public and other community organizations
· Make rational and appropriate decisions. Must be able to write clearly and professionally
· Maintain the utmost confidentiality of all client information
· Work on multiple assignments and maintain necessary record-keeping systems to support reporting requirements
· Adapt well to change in the work environment. Must be able to work with frequent interruptions and respond professionally.
· Comply with all provisions of the employee handbook
· Maintain office, office files and client files in a neat and clean manner
· Some occasional travel may be required for training or partnership meetings
Training, Experience, and Education:
· Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, supporting colleagues in achieving shared objectives
· Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative and work independently
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to learn new programs as needed
· Ability to utilize Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and Excel
· Spanish-speaking desired, but not required
· Ability to follow through on necessary tasks and projects
· Capacity to identify and effectively implement necessary changes to existing protocol
· Must be familiar with current technology as it pertains to Housing Resources and its clients
· Salary: $16/hour
· Full time, non-exempt position with benefits, including employer health plan with employer contribution, paid time off, holidays, and contribution to retirement plan
· Physical requirements are commensurate with an office-based job
· Occasional evening and/or weekend work
· Occasional travel required
· Pre-employment criminal background check and drug screening are required
· Housing Resources of Western Colorado is an equal opportunity employer
· Demonstrated commitment to Racial Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (REDI).
It is the policy of HRWC to provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual preference, age, or disability. People of color and people of all national origins, genders, gender identities, sexual preferences, ages, disabilities, and other diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
Submit cover letter and resume to: Deb Hoffman
524 30 Road, Suite 3
Grand Junction, CO 81504