Passion. That’s the common attribute of those that work for our organization. We are dedicated to helping the people who utilize our services. If you’re ready to make a difference, bookmark our website and check back for future openings. Or, upload your resume and tell us your interests. We’ll consider you for future opportunities.
Job Title: Self-Help Construction Supervisor
Reports To: Self-Help Program Manager
Located At: 524 30 Road, Ste. 3
Grand Junction, CO 81504
The mission of Housing Resources of Western Colorado (HRWC), a private non-profit corporation, is to provide affordable housing and promote the wise and sustainable use of resources. HRWC also serves the development needs of the communities in non-entitlement areas. Housing Resources of Western Colorado offers education and awareness programs, opportunities for community revitalization, and the provision of decent, safe, and affordable housing for those with low and moderate income.
Construction Supervisor is responsible for supervising build group activities in the Self-Help housing program.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
▪ Works with housing associations in development of labor sharing and record keeping systems and encourages maximum family participation.
▪ Trains Self Help families who will work on the houses and exercises supervision over all construction
▪ Keeps Program Manager informed of needs for receipt of constructions materials.
▪ Organizes work crews with group labor manager and provides training in use of tools and equipment and safety.
▪ Must maintain harmonious relationships within the association.
▪ Makes inspections and reports to on all work performed by subcontractors.
▪ Responsible for maintaining timely construction progress within their assignment.
▪ Performs such other duties as may be required by director.
▪ Organizes work crews and provides training in use of tools and equipment.
▪ Work with Self-Help families and volunteers to insure a safe jobsite.
▪ Maintain harmonious relationships within the association.
▪ Responsible for maintaining timely construction progress.
▪ Supervisor reports to the Self-Help Program Manager.
▪ Two years’ experience in residential construction.
▪ Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to work with a wide variety of personalities, including homeowners and contractors
▪ Able to work with minimal supervision and utilize appropriate independent judgment; highly motivated, organized and detail oriented. Must have professional building skills with union or equivalent carpenter training.
▪ Must have professional and personal qualifications to train others in these skills.
▪ Must have an interest in social programs.
▪ Capable of understanding and implementing NeighborWorks America goals for “Healthy Homes” and Green Practices.
▪ Salary Range depending on experience, benefits to be determined
▪ Full Time, non-exempt position
▪ Physical requirements are commensurate with construction contractor supervision
▪ Occasional evening and/or weekend work
▪ Travel as needed, regionally and nationally; valid driver’s license required
▪ HRWC is an equal opportunity employer
Do you want to build your own home but think you can't afford it?
Use your labor building the home as the downpayment.
Do you own or rent your own home and need help getting it ready for winter?
Weatherizing a home can save you money and help keep your home cool in the Summer and warm in the Winer.
Do you own your home and need assistance repairing it?
We are now serving Mesa and Garfield Counties with this program!
Looking for a home to rent?
We have several properties that my fit what you are looking for.
See how you can volunteer with Housing Resources.
Volunteers make a HUGE difference!
Take a look at what's going on at Housing Resources:
Home Buyer Education Classes