Passion. That’s the common attribute of those that work for our organization. We are dedicated to helping the people who utilize our services. If you’re ready to make a difference, bookmark our website and check back for future openings. Or, upload your resume and tell us your interests. We’ll consider you for future opportunities.
Position Description: The Marketing and Fundraising Director works with the Executive Director and Deputy Director to lead the development of the marketing and communication strategy, collateral materials, and media relations activities that increase the public understanding and financial support for HRWC. The Director of Marketing and Fundraising will provide community engagement opportunities to raise awareness of the impact of HRWC’s work in the community.
Communication and Marketing
• Develops and implements a year-round communication/marketing plan that utilizes multiple channels, key messages, and effective marketing strategies
• Manages the production of clear, effective communication pieces (e.g. videos, fundraising appeals, annual reports, booklets, campaign materials, flyers, invitations, ads, posters, etc.) that support HRWC’s mission, vision, and strategic goals
• Directs the development, design, and production of all communications produced using external partners
• Identifies key constituent segments and opportunities to tailor messages and ensures proper “voice” of communications with respective programs
• Expands HRWC’s storytelling capacity by identifying and capturing stories across a diverse spectrum of programs
• Works with the Executive Director to grow HRWC’s fundraising efforts
• Strategies for Marketing to Donors
• In consultation with Executive Director builds relationships and maintains contacts with area media, prepares press releases and PSAs, and proactively seeks story ideas to increase awareness of HRWC work in the community
• Ensures adherence to HRWC brand standards in all external communication
• Managing Donor software, website and social media
Project & Event Management
• Works collaboratively with Fundraising and Marketing team members to build brand experiences for current and prospective donors, volunteers, and advocates
• Manages relationships with vendors and key staff contacts to ensure quality of materials
• Works with Executive Director to secure corporate sponsorships to underwrite event costs
• Leads organizational events, including but not limited to donor events
• Participates as a team member in Fundraising and Marketing and organizational activities
• Provides superior service that exceeds the expectations of both internal and external customers
• Volunteers and actively participate in projects, cross-functional teams, or workgroups that support the work of the entire organization
• Demonstrates HRWC’s Core Values in all internal and external interactions
• Performs other related duties as required
Duties require completion of a bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent.
Required Skills and Experience
• Commitment to the mission
• 5+ years relevant experience
• Experience in project management and implementing innovative marketing and communications strategies
• Meticulous and detail-oriented
• Extraordinary written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Able to interface with a variety of audiences, both internal and external, with a strong customer service perspective
• Self-starter and team player, with a positive outlook and ability to manage ambiguity and change.
• Proficient in identifying solutions and opportunities
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook). CRM (Firespring, Bloomerang) database software experience desirable
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to manage to multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated strong self-motivation, discretion, and independent work with limited supervision
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
• Valid driver’s license, verifiable auto insurance, and use of a personal vehicle required
• Travel as needed, regionally and nationally
• HRWC is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Wage is between $25-$29 an hour. This position will be full time.
General Terms Applicable to This Position
Employed at Will. This job position is at-will, meaning that either the employee or the Company may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause or prior notice.
Not a Contract. This job description is not a contract of employment and is subject to change by the Company at any time without prior notice to employee.
Duties Not Inclusive. The duties listed above are examples of essential functions of the job position but are not all-inclusive. The Company may require the employee to perform additional duties not listed and may modify the duties listed. Reliable attendance is an essential duty of this position.
Handbook. The Employee Handbook contains important guidelines regarding employment with the Company that apply to employee. Employee is responsible for reading and abiding by the Employee Hand book guidelines, which Handbook may be modified from time to time by the Company.
Reliability. This position requires that the person be reliable in terms of attendance. This is essential to performing the job satisfactorily.
Do you want to build your own home but think you can't afford it?
Use your labor building the home as the downpayment.
Do you own or rent your own home and need help getting it ready for winter?
Weatherizing a home can save you money and help keep your home cool in the Summer and warm in the Winer.
Do you own your home and need assistance repairing it?
We are now serving Mesa and Garfield Counties with this program!
Looking for a home to rent?
We have several properties that my fit what you are looking for.
See how you can volunteer with Housing Resources.
Volunteers make a HUGE difference!
Take a look at what's going on at Housing Resources:
Home Buyer Education Classes